Sea Kayaking offers a unique close up experience of paddling and snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef. From our starting point on Fitzroy Island your guide will choose the best snorkelling location for the day, and take you on a fully guided adventure.
No prior paddling experience is necessary, and after your tour you have a half a day to explore Fitzroy Island. Swim, snorkel off the beaches or walk through the rainforest trails to Nudey Beach or the Secret Garden.
Sea Kayaks give us easy access to exclusive snorkelling spots on the Great Barrier Reef, which are not easily reachable by large commercial vessels.
These unspoilt locations such as Little Fitzroy Island and Shark Fin Bay (named after a naturally shaped rock), offer hidden wonders to those who visit them, and for many are the highlight of their Cairns holiday.
- Fast catamaran transfer to Fitzroy Island
- Half day guided Sea Kayak tour
- Snorkelling gear with mask and flippers
- Packed picnic lunch
- Half day at leisure to explore Fitzroy Island
Fitzroy Island & Sea Kayak Tour Prices
|Adult - No lunch||$150|
|Adult - With Lunch||$165|
Prices valid to 31st March 2020.
Total price includes a levy of $5 per person for recovery of Fitzroy Island facilities licence fees, admin costs & charges.
Lunch option must be pre-booked for catering purposes
Fitzroy Island Sea Kayaking Departures
- Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal 09.00am located in the heart of the city at the end of Spence Street
- Fitzroy Island 4.00pm returning to Cairns at approximately 5:00pm
Return bus transfers from the Reef Fleet are available from $18 to Cairns Hotels and $22 to Northern Beaches hotels.
Can we suggest something
Fitzroy Island Full Day
Fitzroy Island transfers only From $89
Fitzroy Island Half Day
Fitzroy Island half day transfers only From $84
Try a different Island ?
Been to Fitzroy and want to explore another Island ? Green Island with Big Cat Green Island Reef Cruises From $98
Or If You Have Any Questions
Half Day Great Barrier Reef Tours to Fitzroy Island Special Conditions
To keep your day as safe as possible there are a few restrictions you should be aware of before making your booking :
- We highly recommend having your own travel insurance
- Those under 16 must travel with a guardian or parent over the age of 18 years
- You must check-in at the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal located at 1 Spence Street no later than 20 minutes before your departure
- The beaches on Fitzroy Island are not patrolled by surf life savers
- Marine stingers are present in tropical waters from November – May and you will be provided with a stinger suit for use while snorkelling during this period