Fitzroy Island is the closest Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling location to Cairns, and is outstanding value at $120 includes cruise, snorkeling gear and lunch.
Unlike smaller sand cays such as Green Island, Fitzroy Island National Park is huge, with its own mountains and rainforest walking tracks to explore.
Learn to snorkel from right off the beach over the fringing coral reefs in both Welcome Bay and Nudey Beach, with hard and soft corals only meters from the shore.
Uncrowded, untouched, unbelievable and only 45 minutes from Cairns aboard our fast catamaran.
- Fast catamaran transfer to Fitzroy Island
- Ocean trampoline
- Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling gear with mask and flippers
- Beach hire equipment such as paddle skis and stand up paddle boards
- Packed picnic lunch
Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling Bonus Beach Hire
- try stand up paddle boarding
- grab a single or double paddle ski
- jump on and off the ocean trampoline
Full Day Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling at Fitzroy Island Price
2 Adults and 2 Children
|Child 4-14 years||$80|
Family rate saves $46
Prices valid to 31st March 2020.
Total price includes a levy of $5 per person for recovery of Fitzroy Island facilities licence fees, admin costs & charges.
Full Day Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling Departs Daily From
- Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal 9.00am located in the heart of the city at the end of Spence Street.
- Fitzroy Island 4.30pm returning to Cairns at approximately 5:15pm
Return bus transfers from the Reef Fleet are available from $18 to Cairns Hotels and $22 to Northern Beaches hotels.
Packed Picnic Lunch
Lunch includes a piece of seasonal fruit, muesli fruit bar, juice and bottle of water.
Choose from the following picnic lunches:
• Cold option – chicken salad wrap + ham cheese roll
• Hot option – Japanese beef and potato curry
• Dietary options vegetarian, celiac, gluten, pork free
Fitzroy Island Special Booking Conditions
To keep your day as safe as possible there are a few restrictions you should be aware before making your booking :
- We highly recommend having your own travel insurance
- Those under 16 must travel with a guardian or parent
- You must check-in at the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal located at 1 Spence Street no later than 20 minutes before your departure
- The beaches on Fitzroy Island are not patrolled by surf life savers
- Marine stingers are present in tropical waters from November – May and you will be provided with a stinger suit for use while snorkelling during this period