The Thunderbolt takes only 25 minutes to Fitzroy Island on the Great Barrier Reef and is the fastest boat from Cairns. Get there FAST from only $84.
Fitzroy Island is the perfect half day tour destination allowing you to experience the Great Barrier Reef, the rainforest and a tropical island with an early return time of 3pm to Cairns.
Once you reach the island you have four hours to explore the National Park walking tracks, relax on the beach, swim, jump on the ocean trampoline or hire snorkel gear from our hut in Welcome Bay.
- Return Great Barrier Reef Tours from Cairns to Fitzroy Island
- Ocean trampoline
Great Barrier Reef Tours aboard Thunderbolt to Fitzroy Island Prices
|Child 8-14 years||$54|
2 Adults and 2 Children
|Family rate saves $46
Prices valid to 31st March 2019.
Total price includes a levy of $5 per person for recovery of Fitzroy Island facilities licence fees, admin costs & charges.
Lunch option must be pre-booked for catering purposes
Great Barrier Reef Tours to Fitzroy Island Depart
- Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal 10.00am located in the heart of the city at the end of Spence Street
- Fitzroy Island 2.30pm returning to Cairns at approximately 3:00pm
Return bus transfers from the Reef Fleet are available from $19 to Cairns Hotels and $22 to Northern Beaches hotels.
Beach Hire Options
From our beach hut in Welcome Bay you can hire:
Can we suggest something
Include Snorkel Gear?
Pre-booking your snorkel gear, lunch and Thunderbolt tour to save $16 From $114
Include Glass Bottom Boat?
Pre-booking your glass bottom boat tour, lunch and Thunderbolt tour to save $16 From $114
Travelling with kids under 8? Full day Ferry Transfers
Suitable for the whole family spending over 6 hours on Fitzroy Island From $79
Or If You Have Any Questions
Half Day Great Barrier Reef Tours to Fitzroy Island Special Conditions
To keep your day as safe as possible there are a few restrictions you should be aware of before making your booking :
- We highly recommend having your own travel insurance
- Those under 16 must travel with a guardian or parent over the age of 18 years
- You must check-in at the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal located at 1 Spence Street no later than 20 minutes before your departure
- The beaches on Fitzroy Island are not patrolled by surf life savers
- Marine stingers are present in tropical waters from November – May and you will be provided with a stinger suit for use while snorkelling during this period