Looking for Cairns Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling? Thunderbolt takes you snorkeling at Fitzroy Island, 25 minute super fast cruise from Cairns for kids 8+ years.
With half a day on Fitzroy Island you have time to snorkel right off the beach over the fringing coral reefs in Welcome Bay and Nudey Beach, with hard and soft corals only metres from the shore.
Plus be sure to take the walking track to World Famous Nudey Beach, with its sandy beaches and excellent Great Barrier Reef snorkeling locations.
With Thunderbolt half the fun is getting there!
- High speed Thunderbolt cruise with four hours to spend on Fitzroy Island
- Half Day Great Barrier Reef snorkeling with mask, flippers and snorkel provided
- Beach hire equipment such as paddle skis, stand up paddle boards and the ocean trampoline
- Packed picnic lunch
Cairns Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling Bonus Beach Hire
Our Cairns Great Barrier Reef snorkeling package gives you use of our beach hire equipment, saving you up to $18 per person.
- try stand up paddle boarding
- grab a single or double paddle ski
- jump on and off the ocean trampoline
Cairns Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling aboard Thunderbolt to Fitzroy Island Prices
|Child 8-14 years||$74|
2 Adults and 2 Children
Family rate saves $45
Prices valid to 31st March 2019.
Total price includes a levy of $5 per person for recovery of Fitzroy Island facilities licence fees, admin costs & charges.
Cairns Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling Departs
- Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal 10.00am located in the heart of the city at the end of Spence Street.
- Fitzroy Island 2.30pm returning to Cairns at approximately 3:00pm
Return bus transfers from the Reef Fleet are available from $19 to Cairns Hotels and $22 to Northern Beaches hotels.
Packed Picnic Lunch
Lunch includes a piece of seasonal fruit, muesli fruit bar, juice and bottle of water.
Choose from the following picnic lunches:
• Cold option – chicken salad wrap + ham cheese roll
• Hot option – Japanese beef and potato curry
• Dietary options vegetarian, celiac, gluten, pork free
Can we suggest something
Thunderbolt Cruise Only?
Cruise to Fitzroy Island with options to hire snorkeling gear on the day From $78
Glass Bottom Boat Tour?
Switch from snorkelling to our our glass bottom boat tour, with lunch and cruise From $108
Travelling With Kids Under 8? Full Day Snorkelling
Suitable for the whole family with snorkelling gear, lunch and cruise From $108
Or If You Have Any Questions
Fitzroy Island Half Day Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling Booking Conditions
To keep your day as safe as possible there are a few restrictions you should be aware before making your booking :
- We highly recommend having your own travel insurance
- Those under 16 must travel with a guardian or parent, and minimum age for Thunderbolt is 8 years
- You must check-in at the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal located at 1 Spence Street no later than 20 minutes before your departure
- The beaches on Fitzroy Island are not patrolled by surf life savers
- Marine stingers are present in tropical waters from November – May and you will be provided with a stinger suit for use while snorkelling during this period