Family Great Barrier Reef Holidays don’t need to be expensive. Fitzroy Island cruises from Cairns with Glass Bottom Boat tour $305 for 2 adults and 2 kids.
You’ll find Fitzroy Island is one of the best holiday destinations for families to see and learn about the Great Barrier Reef, and you may see a clown fish or dory fish like in Disney Pixar’s Finding Nemo.
The cruise to Fitzroy Island takes only 45 minutes, sticking to the calm water of the coastline South of Cairns.
Once we arrive our Glass Bottom Boat tour takes you on a 30 minute adventure to some of the best coral locations around the front of Fitzroy Island.
Perfect for children, you’ll be able to easily see a wide variety of fish, anemones, hard and soft coral through the glass panels on the bottom of our custom made Great Barrier Reef viewing vessel, the Fitzroy Explorer.
- Fast cruise to Fitzroy Island on the Great Barrier Reef
- Glass bottom boat tour with commentary
- Beach hire equipment such as paddle skis, stand up paddle boards and the ocean trampoline
- Packed picnic lunch
Great Barrier Reef Holidays With Bonus Beach Hire
Fitzroy island is huge, with its own mountains and rainforest walking tracks. Plus our glass bottom boat package includes our beach hire activities, saving you up to $108 per family (as well as being lots of fun).
- take the kids for a ride on a paddle ski
- jump on the ocean trampoline
- try stand up paddle boarding
Full Day Great Barrier Reef Holidays from Cairns
2 Adults and 2 Children
|Child 4-14 years||$67|
Family rate saves $45
Infants 0-3 travel free but must be pre booked.
Prices valid to 31st March 2018.
Total price includes a levy of $5 per person for recovery of Fitzroy Island facilities licence fees, admin costs & charges.
Cruises Departs Daily From
- Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal 9.00am located in the heart of the city at the end of Spence Street.
- Fitzroy Island 4.30pm returning to Cairns at approximately 5:15pm
Packed Picnic Lunch
Lunch includes a piece of seasonal fruit, muesli fruit bar, juice and bottle of water.
Choose from the following picnic lunches:
• Cold option – chicken salad wrap + ham cheese roll
• Hot option – Japanese beef and potato curry
• Dietary options vegetarian, celiac, gluten, pork free
Lunch for infants is available for $20pp as they travel on ferry for free.
Can we suggest something
Or If You Have Any Questions
Great Barrier Reef Holidays Booking Conditions
To keep your day as safe as possible there are a few restrictions you should be aware before making your booking :
- We highly recommend having your own travel insurance
- Those under 16 must travel with a guardian or parent
- You must check-in at the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal located at 1 Spence Street no later than 20 minutes before your departure
- The beaches on Fitzroy Island are not patrolled by surf life savers
- Marine stingers are present in tropical waters from November – May and you will be provided with a stinger suit for use while snorkelling during this period