Looking for Half Day Great Barrier Reef Cruises? Thunderbolt cruises from Cairns to Fitzroy Island with glass bottom boat tours for kids 8 years and older.
The super fast cruise to FItzroy Island takes only 30 minutes, and once we arrive you’ll board the Fitzroy Explorer. Our custom designed coral viewing vessel takes you for a 30 minute Great Barrier Reef cruise to the best reef locations, with commentary about the marine life, hard and soft corals.
Afterwards be sure to explore the rainforest walking tracks to World Famous Nudey Beach and the Secret Garden.
- Half Day Great Barrier Reef Cruises aboard Thunderbolt, with four hours on Fitzroy Island
- Glass Bottom Boat tour with commentary
- Beach hire equipment such as paddle skis, stand up paddle boards and the ocean trampoline
- Packed picnic lunch
Half Day Great Barrier Reef Cruises Bonus Beach Hire
- try stand up paddle boarding
- grab a single or double paddle ski
- jump on and off the ocean trampoline
Half Day Great Barrier Reef Cruises With Glass Bottom Boat Prices
|Child 8-14 years||$67|
2 Adults and 2 Children
Family rate saves $45
Prices valid to 31st March 2018.
Total price includes a levy of $5 per person for recovery of Fitzroy Island facilities licence fees, admin costs & charges.
Half Day Great Barrier Reef Cruises Depart
- Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal 10.00am located in the heart of the city at the end of Spence Street.
- Fitzroy Island 2.30pm returning to Cairns at approximately 3:00pm
Packed Picnic Lunch
Lunch includes a piece of seasonal fruit, muesli fruit bar, juice and bottle of water.
Choose from the following picnic lunches:
• Cold option – chicken salad wrap + ham cheese roll
• Hot option – Japanese beef and potato curry
• Dietary options vegetarian, celiac, gluten, pork free
Can we suggest something
Or If You Have Any Questions
Fitzroy Island Thunderbolt Special Booking Conditions
To keep your day as safe as possible there are a few restrictions you should be aware before making your booking :
- We highly recommend having your own travel insurance
- Those under 16 must travel with a guardian or parent, and minimum age for Thunderbolt is 8 years
- You must check-in at the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal located at 1 Spence Street no later than 20 minutes before your departure
- The beaches on Fitzroy Island are not patrolled by surf life savers
- Marine stingers are present in tropical waters from November – May and you will be provided with a stinger suit for use while snorkelling during this period