Looking for Great Barrier Reef Cruises with a difference? Speed aboard the Fitzroy Island Thunderbolt from Cairns, plus enjoy a glass bottom boat tour. For kids 8 years and older from $108.
The super fast cruise to FItzroy Island takes only 25 minutes, and once we arrive you’ll board the Fitzroy Explorer. Our custom designed coral viewing vessel takes you for a 30 minute Great Barrier Reef cruise to the best reef locations, with commentary about the marine life, hard and soft corals.
Afterwards be sure to explore the rainforest walking tracks to World Famous Nudey Beach and the Secret Garden.
- Half Day Great Barrier Reef Cruises aboard Thunderbolt, with four hours on Fitzroy Island
- Glass Bottom Boat tour with commentary
- Beach hire equipment such as paddle skis, stand up paddle boards and the ocean trampoline
- Packed picnic lunch
Fitzroy Island Thunderbolt Bonus Beach Hire
- try stand up paddle boarding
- grab a single or double paddle ski
- jump on and off the ocean trampoline
Fitzroy Island Thunderbolt Great Barrier Reef Cruise With Glass Bottom Boat Prices
|Child 8-14 years||$74|
2 Adults and 2 Children
Family rate saves $45
Prices valid to 31st March 2019.
Total price includes a levy of $5 per person for recovery of Fitzroy Island facilities licence fees, admin costs & charges.
Fitzroy Island Thunderbolt Departs
- Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal 10.00am located in the heart of the city at the end of Spence Street.
- Fitzroy Island 2.30pm returning to Cairns at approximately 3:00pm
Return bus transfers from the Reef Fleet are available from $19 to Cairns Hotels and $22 to Northern Beaches hotels.
Packed Picnic Lunch
Lunch includes a piece of seasonal fruit, muesli fruit bar, juice and bottle of water.
Choose from the following picnic lunches:
• Cold option – chicken salad wrap + ham cheese roll
• Hot option – Japanese beef and potato curry
• Dietary options vegetarian, celiac, gluten, pork free
Can we suggest something
Thunderbolt Cruise Only?
Cruise to Fitzroy Island with options to book the glass bottom boat on the day From $78
Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling?
Switch from our our glass bottom boat tour to snorkelling, with lunch and cruise From $108
Travelling With Kids Under 8? Full Day & Glass Bottom Boat
Suitable for the whole family with glass bottom boat, lunch and cruise From $78
Or If You Have Any Questions
Fitzroy Island Thunderbolt Special Booking Conditions
To keep your day as safe as possible there are a few restrictions you should be aware before making your booking :
- We highly recommend having your own travel insurance
- Those under 16 must travel with a guardian or parent, and minimum age for Thunderbolt is 8 years
- You must check-in at the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal located at 1 Spence Street no later than 20 minutes before your departure
- The beaches on Fitzroy Island are not patrolled by surf life savers
- Marine stingers are present in tropical waters from November – May and you will be provided with a stinger suit for use while snorkelling during this period